Host a Food Drive
Hosting a food drive is a great way to support Haven from Hunger — and to bring your family, friends, or colleagues together for a common cause.
How to Host a Food Drive
- Decide on the dates of your food drive, the location of the donation bin (e.g., outside main office), and who will be the main contact person.
- Email us at email@example.com to let us know the dates of your food drive and to schedule a day to drop off your donations. If you prefer, we can pick up your donations, but dropping them off gives you a chance to see the Haven in action — and helps us save on labor costs.
- Make it easy for your donors: Place a clean container or boxes at your designated drop-off location and post a sign:
• Sign for Donation Container: B&W | Color
- Publicize your food drive by:
A. Posting and distributing flyers. Download a customizable food drive flyer that lists foods most needed:
• Anytime-of-year Food Drive: B&W | Color
• November +/or December Holiday Food Drive: B&W | Color
• Thanksgiving Food Drive: B&W | Color
• Christmas Food Drive: B&W | Color
TIP: You can customize your flyer in Adobe Acrobat or you can email us the relevent information and we'll customize it for you!
B. Emailing your contacts. Download a customizable Microsoft word document that you can cut and paste into an email:
• Email Template (Open in Microsoft Word. Customize the clickable fields. Copy and paste into an email message.)
C. Share on Facebook. Download an image you can share:
• Image for Facebook (.png)
Thank you for your interest in
hosting a food drive for the Haven. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.